The Disciples of Jesus Covenant Community began in Sydney in October 1979 and on 1 September 1994 amalgamated with Hephzibah Covenant Community which began in February 1982. The amalgamated community, which retained the name Disciples of Jesus, is currently located in Canberra, Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, Adelaide, Hobart, Cairns, Darwin, Port Moresby, Siwai (Bougainville) and Manila. It now numbers about 1100 men, women and children. Since the early 1980’s the community has been affiliated with other covenant communities throughout the world and is a member of the Catholic Fraternity of Charismatic Covenant Communities and Fellowships, which is recognised as a Private Association of the Christian faithful of Pontifical right.
The Missionaries of God’s Love (MGL), flowing from the grace of the community, is a body of men and women who are dedicated to living the Gospel of Jesus by sharing a common life, and by consecrating themselves to the Lord in poverty, chastity and obedience. They are called to live this way of life as priests, brothers or sisters.