CATHOLIC TALK - WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS
ABOUT THE TERMS
1. By using the website at www.catholictalk.com.au (Website) you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the privacy statement. You must read them carefully. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions and the privacy statement, please do not access or use this Website. These terms and conditions and the privacy statement are enforced in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
2. This Website is owned and operated by the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney (CAS) (both referred to as "us" or "we"). The address of CAS is Level 16, Polding Centre, 133 Liverpool Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia. Catholic Talk provides a platform for lay and religious people to seek and share their faith in the media and participate in public discourse with respect, humility, truth and clariy. It does not speak on behalf of any Bishop or Diocese.
3. The privacy statement forms part of these terms and conditions. Please read the privacy statement for more detailed information on how we store and use your personal information in accordance with the Australian National Privacy Principles before using or submitting any personal information or other content on the Website. Follow this link: www.catholictalk.com.au/privacyto read the privacy statement.
CHANGES AND MODIFICATIONS
4. We may modify these terms from time to time. In the event of a modification we will post the modified terms on the Website. The modified terms will come into effect as soon as they are posted on the Website and use of the Website after that point will be subject to the modified terms. It is your responsibility to review these Terms regularly. By continuing to use the Website you will be deemed to have accepted the modified terms.
5. All intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered), including copyright, design, patents, photographs, illustrations, software and trade marks in and on the Website shall remain vested in the Trustees of the Roman Catholic Church for the Archdiocese of Sydney or its licensors, including other users (the Materials). You do not have permission to copy, reproduce, broadcast, transmit, modify, rearrange, download or otherwise use the Materials except for your own personal non-commercial use as set out in these terms and conditions. You are not granted any assignment, licence or right in all or any part of, the intellectual property rights in the Materials or applications incorporated into or used on the Website. You agree not to reproduce, broadcast, transmit, modify, rearrange, download or otherwise use the Materials without our express prior written consent.
6. This Website may contain links to other websites (Linked Sites). These Linked Sites are outside of our control and as such we do not accept responsibility or liability for their content, materials, products or services, or warrant the accuracy or security of the Linked Sites. If you use a Linked Site you do so entirely at your own risk. Our inclusion of links to Linked Sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on them or any association with their owners or operators. Linked Sites may contain advertisements or hyperlinks to other sites - such advertisements or hyperlinked materials are not recommendations or endorsements by us and we are not responsible for the products or services being advertised. If you access other content or services from third party sites, we are not responsible for your compliance with local laws or other applicable laws.
LINKING TO THIS WEBSITE
7. We permit you to provide links to this Website. You may use the name "Catholic Talk" in the text of any such link, you may not use the Catholic Talk logo or any of our other trade marks or the logos or trade marks of the Trustees of the Roman Catholic Church for the Archdiocese of Sydney without our prior written consent. You must not frame this Website, or represent or imply that any part of the Website belongs to anyone other than the Trustees of the Roman Catholic Church for the Archdiocese of Sydney . If we notify you that we object to the way in which you provide links to this Website, you must immediately cease providing such links.
CONDITIONS OF USE
8. You may only use the Website for lawful purposes, in a responsible manner, and in accordance with these terms and conditions. By using this Website:
- You agree to accept responsibility for all materials, information, opinions and any other media that you upload, post or publish to or through the Website (content).
- You agree not to transmit, upload, post, distribute, publish or reproduce in any way any content that you did not create, including copyrighted material, trade marks, hyperlinks to third party materials or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent for such proprietary rights.
- You agree not to transmit, post, distribute or reproduce in any way, material that violates any law or any rights of another, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights, moral rights, passing-off, defamation, contempt of court, sub-judice, privacy or confidence.
- You grant us and the Trustees of the Roman Catholic Church for the Archdiocese of Sydney an irrevocable, perpetual and transferrable licence to use and reproduce any content in any manner and in all media (whether now known or in the future devised) throughout the world. This includes the right to edit, adapt, modify, change, add to, and detract from, the content which you post on the Website, and to use the content for any purpose including for the purpose of publishing the content to other users of the Website, or for promotional or commercial purposes. This licence will remain in effect during the life of your membership and after your membership ceases.
- You agree that we can materially alter any content and use it in any manner and for any purpose with or without attribution to you.
- You also agree not to post offensive sexual references or suggestive language or otherwise offensive material in any area of the site.
Furthermore, by using this Website you agree that you will not:
- Publish or upload any links or content that can be construed as abusive, libelous, defamatory, privacy invading, sexually and or racially offensive abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise offensive or unlawful material of any kind.
- Publish or upload any links or content that can be seen to attack the Catholic Church or the Christian faith in general, in consideration of the nature of this Website.
- Publish or upload any links or content of a pornographic nature.
- Use the Website for any commercial purpose.
- Use the Website in any way that could impair the operation of the Website including by submitting content that contains a virus or corrupted data.
- Use automated processes to collect information from the Website.
- Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Website.
This site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. We make no representation that the content of this site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access this site from outside Australia, you do so on your own account and are responsible for ensuring compliance with all laws in the place where you are located.
We reserve the right to edit, refuse to post, or to remove content submitted by you in our sole discretion.
9. We offer no conditions or warranties, representations or any other terms in relation to the Website. The use of this Website is at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude all conditions and warranties (express and implied) of any kind. To the extent permitted by law, liability under any condition or warranty which cannot be legally excluded is limited at our option to replacement or resupply of goods or services or payment for the same. While we endeavour to provide a functional Website, we do not guarantee that your use of the Website will be uninterrupted, error free or that the Website or the server from which it operates are free of viruses or other harmful components. We are not responsible for any loss, corruption or interception of data sent to or from our Website which occurs outside of our computer systems (such as those which occur while being sent over the internet). We recommend that you install and use up-to-date anti-virus and firewall software on your computer. We do not warrant or make any representation regarding your access to, or the results of your access to this Website or any content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise. We shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you using the Website, or any content which has been uploaded, posted, distributed, published or reproduced by any user of this Website. We do not endorse any opinion, recommendation or advice contained in materials on the Website which have been uploaded, posted, distributed, published or reproduced by any user of this Website.
Under no circumstances (including without limitation, any act or omission on our part) will either the Trustees of the Roman Catholic Church for the Archdiocese of Sydney or us be liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages or loss whatsoever which results from any use or access of (or inability to use or access) this Website, or any materials or content on this Website.
10. You agree to indemnify CAS, the Trustees of the Roman Catholic Church for the Archdiocese of Sydney and each of their respective directors, officers, agents and affiliates from and against all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) resulting from your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
11. This Website will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. We make no representations that the materials on this Website are appropriate for use in other locations. Those who access this Website from locations outside of Australia do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable it will not affect the remainder of these Terms and Conditions which will continue in full force and effect.
We reserve the right to remove at any time, without notice or explanation, any user-created content that violates these Terms and Conditions.
These terms and conditions were last updated on 7 May 2014.